Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

The weeks go around fast don't they. I won't make this a definate weekly inclusion, but I could think of a few more things to add.

Today is Harmony Day at the girls school. Harmony day is to celebrate diversity and other cultures. You wear Orange. I think there are 20+ nationalities at East Brisbane State School. {Harmony Day is celebrated on 21 March each year and is about bringing people together to celebrate Australia's community harmony, participation and cultural diversity} So I am grateful for the many wonderful opportunities this presents for my girls. We took our four Kimono's (well they are actually Yukata's - summer kimono) for children to try on. Kalani got to wear hers to the parade - sorry forgot to take my camera. Going to this school and being with all the different people has taught us so much - our friends are from Burma, Japan, Korea, Australia, Sri Lanka, Venezuala etc - not to mention all the yummy food we get to taste.


Yesterday I went to the temple with my husband - that hasn't happened in like forever - we both usually go separately - he with the YSA me with enrichment once a month. Thanks to carolyn who babysat 5 children all on her own - THANKS!!






Have a thankful day and a great Easter - the perfect time to be thankful.

1 comment:

Janell said...

We miss that gorgeous place so much. So so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...