Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dead Chick Walking :(

When it comes to Pinata's we generally have an unspoken rule that the pinata is inanimate object. We can hit eggs, stars, balls, christmas trees and the odd dinosaur... but never a living creature... the pacifists in us cringe

(This was bought to home to me at a RS Christmas party where 30 grown women hit and threw around a Santa Pinata - I felt really bad!! It was too primal for me!! and this is from someone who doesn't let her kids believe in santa!!)

So when our to be easter egg shaped pinata took on a life of it's own and changed shape...I discussed with the girls would it be ok for our pinata to be a chicken? They were shocked! We CAN'T HIT A CHICKEN!! Grandma and Grandad will be so angry!! (They have real chickens in their back yard)

So here it is in all it's mangy glory... finished today.. it has one more day of life left until it is beaten out of it and it's glorious lolly/toy/easter egg insides are spilled :( *Sob *Sob I hope no children will be emotionally scarred from the hitting of the pinata on Monday.

Oh please be kind to me




Specially styled Tail feathers and all from the girls

7 comments:

Carli said...

I love your mangy chicken!!! The feathers give it the extra real touch - before it becomes your target!

Karyn said...

Thanks Bobbie, that made me laugh - just when I needed a giggle. But Please don't harm your gorgeous chook, instead, perhaps you can just make a small hole for it to hatch out little eggs - and discuss Jesus' rebirth using symbolism - instead of pummeling its brains out until it's bloody contents spill out all over the floor........ Alternatively - just beat the chook and enjoy. I can email you my chicken mince rissole recipe.

Jan said...

I have seen prettier things from over there :) but happy Easter none the less.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I think that poor thing has already had enough beatings. It does look very real. what will the other picnicers think. We will be report to the RSPCA.

The ComberNation said...

What a great chicken. You can't smash that up. I like Karyns idea better. Happy Easter and have a lovely day tomorrow with the family.

Delightful Domestic Science said...

Chickens freak me out.

Full stop.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pinata!

I don't let my kids believe in Santa either....good to find a kindred spirit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...