Monday, November 2, 2009

Bobbing for Apples Analogy


The girls heard about bobbing for apples for the first time and set up their own.



They filled an esky with water and placed apples in.



They realised how hard it is - almost impossible for them to catch an apple in their mouth



They moved to the bathtub - bobbing for apples is easier when you are in the water and can chase the apple apparently... they looked like little pacmen with their mouths open chasing the apple around the water. It was so cute!


So I asked "What can we learn from Bobbing for Apples?"


"That some things are REALLY REALLY Hard" said Miss K


But yet they were having a REALLY REALLY fun time also


SO....I think - Is this what we should wish for? That Hard things come our way - but hard things that are fun at the same time? Is this how one finds the perfect career? How one finds things that will extend them, fulfill them, challenge them? Or is it all about perspective? What seems hard to some can be counted as fun by others. If we choose to have a sunny outlook will the hard times seem easier to bear?

A friend gave me a great compliment once - we were talking about trials and difficulties ~ I said that I had never had a difficult trial in my whole life. That I was really blessed to have a fantastic childhood, have a wonderful husband and family and that life has pretty much been peachy keen. But then I wondered if I was missing out on some growing opportunities since nothing bad has ever happened to me (then knock on wood, cause I don't want any trials either!! That was not an invitation to send me some Lord)

She said "I think you are wrong, I think you have probably had MANY trials in your life, but through your positive nature and happiness - you just bore them and carried on. You are an example of how we can get through life" ~ probably one of the nicest things someone has said to me, even if it may not be true.


I think Motherhood is like Bobbing for Apples.

HARD!

But it can be really fun in a similar frustratingly way! We can giggle and play while we chase our apples around in circles. Ever stuck in a chomp chomp motion.



I am a little pacman

chomp chomping my way through life

maybe I will catch an apple or two

5 comments:

Karyn said...

Bobbie the Bobber. That is a nice compliment.

Fiona said...

Love it.

Fiona said...

Sweet.

Cindy said...

I think that attitude makes such a huge difference in life. Any event has positives and negatives in them. Learning to focus on the good is what brings us peace and happiness.

Sars life said...

Being a mother I find is the easy part but making the sacrifices that come with it difficult. Some more challenging than others like sleep deprevation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...