Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Grandparents Christmas Dinner 2013 {Tradition}


Our annual Grandparents Christmas dinner had to be postponed a few weeks.

New year is the perfect time for a Christmas party right!?

I was glad for the extra time cause December was super busy.

However that didn't stop me from spending too much time last minute today making fresh wreaths.

One of my to do's this Christmas was to make a giant fresh wreath for my loungeroom wall.
{with an accompanying tutorial here on the blog} Alas it didn't happen in time!
But maybe I will post it anyway - A new year wreath? Valentines? Anzac Day?

I'm so glad we do this dinner and I'm so glad the children look forward to it.


We are pretty simple cooks the year through, so its nice to try our hand at a party menu.


This years menu was:

Turkish Bread with pumpkin, hummus, olive oil and dukkah and warm olives

Puree Pumpkin, Roast Veg and feta and cranberry Cous Cous with Lamb Rack

Cherry Frangipane Tart and Buche de Noel

French sparkling Pomegranate and Blueberry and Lemon Strawberry Soda




 
We ended the night watching the early family firework and having our own little sparkler party.
 
I think I like Grandparents Christmas Dinner on New Year.
Late but just as good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...