Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Shadow Puppets

Saw these shadow puppets on bloesom last week and loved them... we didn't have any black cardboard, so I put it in my one day pile... after seeing them on my favourite kids craft blog The Crafty Crow this week, I decided we had to make them anyway...

we chopped up a weetbix box, made our shapes and coloured them black with crayon. We pinned up a white sheet in a doorway and placed a lamp behind it. Each of the children had a go at going behind the sheet and telling a story with the puppets. It turned out better than I thought, and it was really fun.. even if their stories went on and on and on and on.... :) Daddy came home and did a story with just whistling, no talking and we understood it... so I am trying to get the kids to try those ones ;)


2 comments:

Jan said...

That is so cool. Love it and the pictures are great. I can feel the adventures from here.

chelle said...

I love this idea. You are amazing! What don't you do? Thanks for the links to these cool sites.

I love story telling and this is a good way to get he kids interested in it as well. I will try this tomorrow.

Thanks for inspiring me to be a better mom. m

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...