Friday, April 23, 2010

Leaf Cuffs


This post as Maya*Made  had me giddy. Aren't those leather cuffs just adorable? Her last line about 'Whispers of forest magic' won me over. I need a green cuff!

I wanted to make some but had no leather. I had half a piece of green felt lying around from Christmas so I used that instead.

These were super easy to make. The hardest bit is cutting out the leaf shapes.  It took about 10 mins to make one. I made 4 in half an hour.

Miss G, who is 3 loves Tinkerbelle. So when I said Tinkerbelle wears leaves she was all over it. In the end she found it too itchy and it was lovingly bestowed to the baby who loves to wear it. However Miss G did want it back. I have worn my two days now and love it. Miss K wore hers to school all day too.

Basically cut out about 5-6 leaf shapes. Sew together down the middle pointy ends on top.


 
Cut a slit on one end and attach a button at the other end.



Voila - Leaf Cuff

My mother wondered if they were wreaths for Anzac Day when she saw them lying around.

Never thought of that so = Another reason to wear.

1 comment:

Montserrat said...

They turned out lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...