Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I am becoming cultured!


I love my bookclub. Once a month a few of us ladies get together for our bookclub. It is so much fun and such an intellectual (sometimes? hee hee) outlet away from the kids.

Last year I read all these books - How awesome!
May - Alphabet Sisters, Monica McInerney
June - Pride and Predjudice, Jane Austen
July - Magician's Nephew, C.S. Lewis
August - Anne of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomery
September - Wild Swans, Jung Chang
October - No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Alexander McCall Smith
November - Song of Survival, Helen Colijn
January - Wednesday Letters
February- Ruth - Helen Gaskell

Very proud of this wide and varied list. Thanks to those who organise it, and I recommend anyone to start their own, or if you want to come along to the one I go to, feel free to ask. I had it at my house on friday night and Kalani decorated the table and we lit candles, it was so nice.
Book Club Rocks

2 comments:

Janell said...

Thanks for the post, it is so good to have reading suggestions instead of just standing in the library going "durrhhh."

This Girl loves to Talk said...

yeah its good for me, as I would never read these otherwise. I love Travel genre - humourous travel ones best, and have read nearly the entire section at our library,

plus it is more fun to read something that you know you will have others to talk to about it... makes it more fun... i even take notes sometimes for questions we make to discuss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...