Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Family History


As I don't have a car, I don't get to visit my family as much as I would like. I have had a goal to visit both my Grandmas and go through their photo albums and take digital photos of their photos.

Today I got to visit my Nanna Jean. We sat and chatted and went through album after album. It was wonderful. I was able to photograph alot of my history. As my father died before I was born, I was able to get some photos of him - which is great as I only have one very faded one. Apprently he didn't like to be photographed as an adult - so there are very few of him not as a child.

Old photos are just so nice to hold and touch. They have substance to them, thick card, and I loved touched up make up photos from those times. So elegant.

A wonderful way to spend a morning.

Dad as a child at school.
My Grandmother as a baby and her parents
My Great Grandfather (Grandmas father)
Great Great Grandparents. My Great Grandfather is the baby. This photo taken on Thursday Island, a remote outpost in the 1880's

3 comments:

Jan said...

Loved it alot Bobbie. What a blessed day for sure with Nanna Jean.. Those photos are priceless.

chelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chelle said...

These photos are priceless! I love photos and am glad to see you collecting them. I am also glad you were able to talk with Nana Jean. That is priceless well. Sounds like a day well spent. I just made sweet rolls. Sounds kind of lame in comparison to your day. m

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...