Friday, September 25, 2009

Pink Rag Quilt



When Miss N was a week old I went to a easy quilt class at church. Using flannel squares to make a quilt. I wanted one! Lucky for me I was gifted a few flannel baby blankies. I like to use really big blankies to wrap my babies in, as they wiggle out of those tiny 80cm baby blankets.

So I decided to cut them up and use them for this quilt so I can still keep them - just in another form :)



Cut 25 squares of printed flannel of choice. You also need 25 white squares for the middle and 25 plain squares for the back

Place 3 together with good sides facing out

Sew a X through the middle of the 3 pieces

Keep going until you do all 25 squares

Lay out your 25 squares in desired pattern



Sew 5 squares into rows with seams facing up/outwards

Sew the 5 rows together

Sew around entire quilt

Cut the seams and edges at around 1-2cm intervals all over

Wash and dry several times for raggy look



Thanks to Amanda for her help in cutting the squares and teaching me how to do this quilt - I LOVE IT! It really was easy to sew.

4 comments:

Cowan Family said...

ooooh I love it Bobbie! You definitely are Superwoman if you're making a quilt in the throws of newbornness!!

Sars life said...

Very Pretty

Delightful Domestic Science said...

Oh Bobbie! This is gorgeous! Some day I'm going to make one too!
xx
H

Anonymous said...

how big did you cut the squares and how big was the blanket>?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...