Monday, August 4, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday - PARTY AUSTRALIAN STYLE!

How Blessed am I??? Remember last week I mentioned that my Muffin Tin was old and embarrassing??? Then Look what arrived during the week!!! It was meant to be anonymous...But various reasons meant the Person was no longer anonymous... SO THANK YOU ZAN!! I don't think I have ever had such a sweet thoughtful gift after mentioning a need/want in my life!

So todays Muffin Tin Monday from Sycamore Stirrings had to have a party theme. Since most contributors/participants are not Australian, I thought I would do some Iconic "Australian" Party food

Lamington, Fairy Bread, Pikelet with Jam and Cream
Sausage in Bread, Fairy Bread, Pikelet with Jam and Cream

Second Tin had rice crackers, grapes, cashew nuts, chocolate Biscuits
We had a great Muffin Tin Party :)

How to make Lamingtons
How to make Fairy Bread
Sausage in Bread- We do sausage sizzles for anything in Australia - Schools, Fund raising, parties, BBQ's - for anything basically because it is cheap... Cook sausages (these are chicken ones) place in sliced bread with tomato sauce - A Poor Mans Hot Dog!
How to make Pikelets

Obviously I don't make Fairy bread often enough... .my girls begged for more and were so excited!! Actually, even I had some... YUM!! Takes you back to Childhood.. its been a while :)

Even though I bought the pikelets and lamingtons, the above foods are all easy to make...

11 comments:

katy said...

Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you filled your tin with Australian goodies. Thank you! The how-to links are fab too! What a great idea and a very well thought out post. Great job, Bobbie!

The girls and I will definitely make some fairy bread. love it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your Australian goodies. They look delicious.

Pancake said...

WHATA SWEET thoughtful friend you have!

Jan said...

How super nice of Zan. I can't believe how thoughtful people are sometimes. That was just so cool Bobbie.

Love the look of the fairy bread. I will have to show my parents that one.

Have a great week ahead.

chelle said...

Oh sweet of Zan to send you the muffin tins! Wonderful. I will have to try out the fairy bread and Lamingtons. Looks too good. M

Janiece said...

I just popped into your site. from Crazy Lady on road 80...hope you don't mind!
What a fun site!

Becky said...

Thanks for showing all of us in the U.S. what you eat for fun Australian food. I love the fairy bread, how easy and cute. We love the movie A Fairy Tale, that would be a sweet treat to munch while watching the movie.

Lisa said...

My girls are going to love the fairy bread!!! I will be adding that to next week's muffin tin!

tiki_lady said...

I love this muffin tin idea. I have never heard of it before. Thank you for sharing the recipes. I am going to have to try these out. If we love them, I hope you won't mind if I put them on my recipe blog! YUM YUM, my dh served in melbourne 1986-1988.

Anonymous said...

Bobbie, I LOVE your blog! So fun & inspiring to read.

We are actually living right in Nauvoo (in Illinois). It is a little bit in the middle of nowhere, but yes, there are lots of small and medium sized towns nearby, and bigger ones, like Chicago & St Louis, not too far. When did you come to the pageant? Was it in the last three years, since the new one was created?

Julie

Bobbi & Noe said...

They are Magic BonBon Cookies.
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsps vanilla
food coloring
1/2 cup powdered sugar

1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Turn off heat and add flour, sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir until dough binds together and forms a dough ball. Remove dough from suacepan and place on work area. Be careful; it's warm!
3. Divide dough into 3 equal portions and drop a few drops of a different food coloring into each portion. Knead color into each dough portion until color is swirled through.
4.Form dough into small 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on a foil lined cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until very slightly browned.
5.Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
6. Pur powdered sugar into medium sized bowl and roll each ball in powdered suagr to coat. Store cookies between layers of waxed papers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...