Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eighth Day of Christmas


my true love gave to me




A pinata for Smashing


We love pinata's. But this is the first one I have made for Christmas. I saw this idea at the beginning of the year and have been hanging onto it ever since.

We did the basic ~ cover a balloon with newspaper strips and clag glue ~

Then I painted it gold. Then I used a hot glue gun to glue Tinsel all over. I basically used a continuous string of tinsel just going up down/ back forth. Add a ribbon to the top ~

It is meant to look like a Christmas bauble??? Was I successful?

We will fill it with small plastic toys and lollies and looking forward to smashing it open with our cousins on Christmas Day.

2 comments:

Sars life said...

Shiny. I am sure the kids will enjoy it.

Karyn said...

Love this one. Let's be clear on the rules though, christmas baubles are not for smashing! Except this big shiny gold one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...