Wednesday, October 6, 2010

In sickness and in health


I have been to the doctors or hospital more times in the last few months, than I have ever in my 9 year parenting career put together (which probably isnt much but still it is annoying!)



It's plain redonkulus.



Maybe we are lucky that we rarely get sick.  I mean like never. I think I have missed church about 5 times in my entire life. The kids report card usually says they have had like one day off (apart from when we wag to go camping or away)

I like to think it's that dirt theory . You know the one that says kids who play in the dirt and parents don't clean too much have better immune  systems etc.

Thats how I defend my lifestyle = look it works.. the kids are rarely sick!


(not that I really believe that. Its a mixture of good genes, good health, good food etc. My siblings and I were rarely sick  growing up)



Enduring sickness has the ability to make one stronger. I don't know what I would do if I had to live like this constantly. My mind this week has turned to those who do have to suffer through illness or disease. It's hard. I've had 5 days of no sleep. A baby that only wanted to be held. And cry alot.

I've learnt that I can make dinner using one arm.
I've had to rely on my girls to help me more.
Mess? Oh well I'll have to ignore it.
Everything else comes to a grinding holt while we just sit in snot covered clothes.


I can do hard things.

I am grateful for health. And grateful for medicine. Antibiotics.. how I love thee!



I am grateful for sickness to teach me these things.

1 comment:

Delightful Domestic Science said...

Time to convert to homeopathy! Inexpensive and completely effective.
x
H

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...